Seniors Take Gold

Jenna Masic, Web Editor

From doctors, to dead leopards, to broken dolls, and dead cheerleaders, the Highland student section cheered on the basketball team at last nights Freak East game. But, its safe to say that the senior boys Connor Bailey, Sam Budge, Zach Payne, and Ramblers very Elijah Straight took the cake for best Freak East costume.

“We just bought the Dickies suits, and I had my mom sew on the name patches, it wasn’t too hard,” Bailey said.

The boys came dressed as the Ghost Busters in grey Dickies jumpsuits, with Ghost Busters patches sewed on, along with their last names. It was easy to tell that the boys came to show out, and they did just that. They stood out among the rest of the costumes and had everyones jaws dropping when they stepped foot into the gym.

Although the senior boys took gold, the junior boys Matthew Parkin, Keaton Campbell, Andrew Pynes and more of their friends returned with their girly, Victorias Secret-esque costumes that gave everyone a good laugh for the night, and took home the silver. The boys put makeup on, and flaunted their stuff in the lingerie and short-shorts.

Last but not least, came a group of junior girls Ellie Snyder, Anna Seegmiller and more that easily took bronze. The main character of the group, once again Rambler very own, Jordyn Shingleton was dressed as a cop while the rest of her friends accompanied her in neon orange t-shirts, fake tattoos, and hand cuffs playing the role of her prisoners.

The Highland student sections costumes fell nothing short of intriguing last night, and it was crazy to see how much creative talent our students really have. Although the boys basketball team took a tough loss last night, the student section took the big dub.