Highland Overpowers Olympus

Kausha LeBeau

Highland lines up for a play against Olympus

Elijah Straight, Senior Editor

After a heartbreaking loss to Mountain Crest last week, the Highland Rams football team bounced back to take down the Olympus Titans 24-3.

Turnovers were a key part of this game for the Rams.  Last week, turnovers plagued the Rams, but this week it about forcing Olympus to make mistakes and lose the ball.  An interception by senior Andrew Parkin, a fumble recovery by senior Nathan Roderick, and a fumble recovery off an attempted kick return by sophomore Elijah Shelton were highlights on the defensive end, as well as key stops on multiple fourth and third down plays.  Olympus’ only points came off a made field goal early in the first quarter.

On the offensive end, junior QB James Pembroke led the way with a 21-yard passing TD to senior Ryan Lambson, and then handed the ball off to junior Jake Boren and senior Andrew Parkin who scored from 8 and 12-yards out respectively.  This was all topped off by a 36-yard field goal from sophomore Cameron Keyvani.

“I made a few bad passing decisions at the start but towards the end I focused on it and thought I did a good job,” said Pembroke after the game.  “We did really good overall, with just a few cracks here and there, but we can get those fixed.”

The Rams now turn their attention to their final preseason game of the season against Sky View.  That game will be played up in Logan on September 4th.