Highland Football: The Next Chapter

Jake Boren

Jayden Paulani signs letter of commitment.

Jake Boren, Staff Writer

It is every young athlete’s hopes and dreams to play the sport they love at the next level. For Jayden Palauni, Devon Seiui, and Talo Latu these dreams will soon become a reality. For four years these three athletes have put their blood sweat and tears into the Highland football program and now their hard work is finally paying off.

With 99 tackles and 6.5 sacks on the season, Jayden Palauni was a standout player in 4A high school football this year, and was named the region 5 defensive player of the year.

“I am very excited for this opportunity I have to play football at the next level,” Palauni said. “I am extremely grateful for everyone that has helped me along the way.”

As two of the toughest defenders in high school football, Latu and Seiui each accounted for 48 tackles on the year as well as racking up 200 plus yards a piece. All three of these athletes were vital to highlands success as a program this past football season and hope they can contribute to their future team’s success.

Palauni signed to Weber state university on a full ride scholarship. With a total enrolment of just over 26,000 students it is one of the larger schools in Utah with a well-respected athletics program. As one of the leading tacklers at the defensive line position in high school, Jayden hopes to land a starting position on the Wildcats roster this upcoming year.

As for Seiui and Latu they will both be headed out of state to William Penn University located in Oskaloosa Iowa. They each plan to have a defensive role on the statesman’s squad and hope to find success within the program.

“I am looking forward to play at the next level,” Seiui said. “Its an amazing opportunity to continue to do something I love.”

These three Rams have been exceptional representatives of Highland High School as a whole and continue to carry out their legacy as they move on to the next chapter of their lives.