Spirit Bowl Too Cheesey?

Kiran Deifel

Junior Madison Anderson licks cheese off of pexiglass.

Lauren Brown, Staff Writer

Each year the Spirit Bowl is full of fun and interesting activities with each grade battling it out against the others. But this year might have topped all others with the grossest game.

The only thing going through junior Madison Anderson’s mind during the game was to not throw up. She had to keep telling herself to keep it down. Once the game was finished, Anderson ran out of the gym because she felt sick and didn’t want people seeing her with cheese all over her face. The game was having cheese sprayed on a pexiglass and one person from each grade licking off all the cheese from their pre-taped square in the time given.

“I saw in a video that Skyline did this game,” SBO senior Alex Debow said. “It looked really gross.”

And gross it was. Students could be seen in each class putting their hands over their mouths and their backs turned because they couldn’t watch anymore. Even though Anderson was grossed out as well and was sick after, she did have fun participating.

“I did have fun, but I realized that it was a lot harder than I had planned,” Anderson said. “There were a couple times where I felt like I was going to throw up.”

The other three contestants in the game were also seen having the same problems of keeping the cheese down. But it was worth it in the end for the senior contestant, because the seniors ultimately won Spirit Bowl. The senior class this year dominated in activities like fitting the most people in the “H” circle, cheering the loudest, and dodgeball, just to name a few of them. Winning those activities and many others eventually led to the senior win everyone expected.

The senior class this year won’t have to worry about the cheese game next year, but for the non-graduating classes, they would like to see something less thick, like whipped cream, if the game is played again next year. The students can’t wait to see what gross, interesting and fun games the SBO’s come up with for next year’s Spirit Bowl.