Senior Assassin Creates A Fun and Competitive Environment

Toy water guns are used to eliminate players.

Max Torres, Staff Writer

Senior year in highschool can be frustrating and stressful. Especially towards the end of the year, when grades and assignments are very important. Because of this students seek for ways to relieve themselves from these feelings. There are many thing that students can do to help with this, but one of the more exciting ones is Senior Assassin.

Senior Assassin is a fun game that the seniors play at the very end of the year. To begin, everyone pays a fee to get accepted into the game. Each senior is then all given a target. They must eliminate their target by the end of the round. In each new round, people still standing receive a new target. To “kill” a target, they must be shot with a water gun. The last player standing wins and is rewarded with a cash prize. The money comes from the entrance fee to the game.

Senior Heber Theurer really enjoyed playing this year.

“ The constant adrenaline rush while trying to get someone out or escaping someone is what makes the game really fun. Also winning the pot would be a very nice bonus to add to the fun.”  

The game is played in the area around Highland, and the players do whatever they can to eliminate each other. While it is fun to have a lot of room to play, it does cause some problems. Many people have called into the school with complaints about Senior Assassin. Even Highland has gotten upset with it. It can distract from school, and can disrupt people living in the playgrounds. Because of this, Highland has set rules that have put some boundaries on the game. These rules include not playing during school hours or on school property, and not intruding on other people’s property.

These rules have helped the game to stay alive, because without them it may have been taken away. In past years, and even this year, students have gotten a little out of hand while fighting to get to the next round. Something had to be done, so the school and leaders of the game created the rule set. This has allowed the event to keep its fun while becoming a much safer environment.

While the the rules may be restricting, the game itself stays extremely fun.

Senior Assassin really affects those who participate in it, both players and leaders. Many of the students who play recognise the power it has to bring together the senior class and make for a fun time. Senior Heber Theurer has been one of these people.

“ I think it is a great way to involve all the seniors in a really entertaining and exciting game that everyone really gets into.”

This game lets people bond in ways they might not have had the chance to before. People meet each other that never would have talked before. This creates a super friendly and happy place to be. Students can take this an an opportunity to meet other students and make new friends. This is good because everyone needs someone to laugh with.

Overall Senior Assassin is a great way for people to have fun together, while still being safe. It makes everyone feel included and like they are appreciated. It is a great way for the seniors to end their last high school year, and their couldn’t be a more exciting way to do it.