New Assistant Principal Hired At Highland

New assistant principal Adrian Bancroft

New assistant principal Adrian Bancroft

Sarah Cascallar, Staff Writer

Since the departure of Highland’s former principal Paul Schulte, many administrators have been moved positions, including previous assistant principal Chris Jenson, who is now Highland’s principal.

Filling in his spot is the new assistant principal Adrian Bancroft.

After spending ten years working at an optical store, Bancroft decided to go back to school and study Education so he could give back to the community.

“I thought it would be a great opportunity to give back, to do something bigger than me” Bancroft said.

After getting his Education degree ten years ago, Bancroft has had a couple of jobs related to education. He taught science for nine years at Clayton Middle school. After this, he spent a year and a half working at the District office. Now he serves half the day as Highland’s Assistant principal and the other half down at the District office. There he analyzes Salt Lake City School District’s data, such as assessments and scores, so he can help the teachers improve.

Outside of school Bancroft loves reading and playing around with computers.

“I am definitely a techy guy, I love computers” Bancroft said “I spend a lot of time messing with that.”

He also enjoys spending time with his kids, taking them places and attending their games.

Here at Highland he is over IB students and AVID students.

“My goal is to help the students I am assigned to, to be successful” Bancroft said.

He also hopes to grow personally.

“I hope to grow myself and be better” Bancroft said.

Highland’s new assistant principal is determined to make Highland a better and more united school, as well as become a better teacher and administrator himself.