Highland Rams Come Out On Top As Victors Against Skyline Eagles

Highland+Rams+line+up+to+defend+against+Skyline.+

Noah Herridge

Highland Rams line up to defend against Skyline.

Bria Neelenan, Staff Writer

Friday night, September 21, the Highland Rams charged Skyline’s field and brought home the victory with a final score of 42-7. The Rams really showed who they are and what they’re made of and wouldn’t let Skyline halt their winning streak.

Missing a few players due to sickness and injury wouldn’t scare the Rams. Matthew Lloyd had an incredible offensive game, scoring two touchdowns and rushing for nearly 200 yards. With several key players up, Lloyd knew everyone needed to be ready.

“Next man up mentality, somebody goes down somebody has to step up,” Lloyd said.

The athletes really rallied together, and wouldn’t let the sickness of their teammates hold any of them back. They were ready to step up and play the game they all love.

Preparing for the game all the players brought their A game and didn’t expect the win to come easy for them, and knew they had to work hard. Running backs Floyd Nau, Colton White, and Ousmane Doumbia, came ready to play, and each scored a touchdown to make the Rams victorious.

Highland’s team speed really showed against the Eagles. Each time Highland got the ball to the edge, the slower Skyline defenders had a hard time tackling the Ram runners.

Highland’s defense really stepped it up, and only allowed Skyline an average of 3.7 yards per play. Due to the fact the Eagles just couldn’t score against Highland’s defense also played a large part in the winning the game.

Coach Brody Benson was excited about the win.

“We prepared for a good team,” Benson said, “and really played a team game.”

The Rams hope this momentum will carry into their next game against the Olympus Titans. They play at home, so they will have their large student section rallying behind them. Highland also hopes to get its sick players back to full strength against an undefeated Olympus team.