Club Rush!!

Maggie Lea

Students participate in an activity during the Club Rush assembly.

Owen Knight, Staff Writer

Highlands annual Club Rush assembly was held in mid November which featured all the new clubs people can join. Joining clubs is a great way Highland students can be involved and feel part of a group. Anyone can make a club at Highland as long as you have a teacher that is willing to sign and see over your club. There are many different clubs anyone can join ranging from an Environmental Science Club all the way to Lacrosse club.

There is more to clubs than just having fun. Joining or creating clubs is a great way to get recognition from college boards. Creating a club shows great leadership, and initiative which are great attributes. It is also a great way to challenge yourself and represent something you love. By making clubs you are bringing people together that might have never met. Clubs are great for the school and open up  so many doors for students.

In the assembly the leaders of clubs had the opportunity to share a message about the purpose of their club and why students should join. This gave everyone a chance to see what club they might be interested in. The student body also participated in many games and contests to represent their peers. It was a great time for everyone to show their school spirit through competition and fun.

Club Rush was a great way to gather everyone in the ram fam and learn all about the clubs that are open to join. Clubs are a great way to get into your high school experience and get the most out of it. There are so many clubs to join and it’s almost guaranteed there is one for everyone. Join a club with your friends or join one to meet new people and have a great time.