“Highland Potter” Coming To A Theater Near You

Ana Toronto, Staff Writer

Lights… Camera… Action…

Slytherin’ into a theater near you this winter.

This year senior Nick Lloyd is bringing back Highland’s old traditions. He’s producing a film called “Highland Potter.” It’s a spoof off of Harry Potter. Making spoofs has been a tradition in the past but has been lost over the years. “Lord of the Rams” and “The Chronicles of Highland” are some of the films that were made. As tech specialist he took on this school project.  

The movie includes everyone in the school. Freshmen to seniors to administration are participating. The cast is very unique and every character is a close match to the actual film. Dean Collett staring as Dumbledore, Coach Winn as Snape, Andrew Jorgenson as Harry, Libby Smith as Hermione, Andrew Olsen as Ron and John Lambert as Draco. Filming began on November 15th in the auditorium when they started and finished the “sorting hat” scene.

Film club organizes all the filming dates and scenes. They have all been working hard to make this movie happen. The presidency consists of Lloyd as president, Kora Bloxham as VP and Adrian Klein as secretary. The movie will be very technical because of Lloyd’s ability to use photoshop, adobe premiere and after affects.

“I have always loved editing, I used to edit everything through the iMovie app on my phone.” Lloyd said, “And then I started to edit on adobe premiere and after effects.”

The finished film will be available on Youtube or Vimeo. They are striving to finish the film before winter break. The movie will also be shown in the winter assembly. This film has united the whole school and has gotten a lot of students involved in extracurriculars. They’re always looking for extras to be in the film and want as many people at Highland to be involved. You don’t have to be in film club to be in the film. So if you’re interested in being in the movie contact Nick Lloyd.